SpritePad (Pro Edition)
A downloadable tool
SpritePad is a graphics data editing tool that facilitates the production of graphics data in a format compatible with the legendary Commodore 64 home computer.
The program runs on Windows desktop using .NET technology and allows you to design sprite sets, tiles, fonts and animations for 2D video games and demos.
You can start a project from scratch using the built-in freehand painting tools or import and convert any existing bitmap image into a C64 compatible sprite or tile set using various tile sizes from 1 x 1 up to 8x8 sprites (64 different sizes).
SpritePad has been in development since 2003 and has been widely considered an essential weapon in modern C64 game development ever since.
SpritePad Pro Edition is an evolution of the original SpritePad tool that contains some useful additional features.
New for the 2.7.0 version...
- Export - One-click export of all essential binaries.
- General - Maximum tile size is now 8x8 sprite images.
- General - Countless code optimizations and bug-fixes.
- Image import - Increased capacity up to 500,000 sprite images.
- Image import - Much faster algorithm.
- Tile editor - Sprite "Picker" tool.
- Editors/sets - Next/Previous item with keyboard shortcuts.
- Editors/sets - Zoom level in status bar.
- Editors/sets - Zoom level shortcut (CTRL + mouse wheel).
- Sets - Mouse wheel for vertical scroll.
- Sets - Box highlighting of "current" items (left/right mouse buttons).
The "Pro Edition" enhanced features include...
- Animated GIF Import/Export.
- Colour palette editing in RGB, HSL and YUV formats.
- Copy/paste between program instances.
This product is currently in beta and is only available with CharPad Pro Edition as a bonus download.